You must be enrolled as a Student in order to post questions!

Pork Loin with basalmic cranberry sauce
Posted: 09 February 2014 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2013-08-30

Hi Chef Susan,

I am going to prepare the pork loin with basalmic cranberry sauce for my wife and some friends this valetines day. I am really looking forward to trying it.

The question I have is a simple one; when you bake it, do you cover it, or leave it uncovered?

Thanks,
Russ Hager

Posted: 10 February 2014 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-10-23

Russ -
The pork roast should be cooked uncovered, as should most large cuts of meat.  If it should brown too much on the top, cover it loosely with a little aluminum foil.

Enjoy!
Chef Susan

Posted: 18 February 2014 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-08-30

Chef Susan,
the pork loin with basalmic vinegar and cranberry sauce was excellent. It is a wonderful recipe. I also took your recommendation and prepared the roasted broccoli parmesan which was supurb. I added butter and garlic roasted “B” red potatoes, and served a black forrest cake with a cream cheese icing for dessert.

We had a wonderful meal and a very enjoyable valentine’s day.

Posted: 21 February 2014 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2011-10-23

Russ -
So glad to hear you enjoyed your meal - sounds like it was delicious! If you ever feel so inclined, please post any pictures of your food creations on the Foodell Facebook page - I’d love to share them with our fans.

Happy cooking!
Chef Susan

Posted: 02 March 2014 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-08-30

One more question regarding the basalmic vinegar cranberry sauce pork; what would wine would you recommend serving with it?

Posted: 03 March 2014 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2011-10-23

I enjoy a slightly fruity wine with that pork dish, either a Merlot or my current favorite, a Malbec from Argentina. If you want a little more robust wine, a Pinot Noir would also work well.
Thanks for asking - cheers!
Chef Susan