Cooking Class: Meatless Mains!
March 11, 2014
Cost is $49 per person and includes the food and a recipe booklet
If you live in the Park City area, join us for this fun and informative hands-on cooking class! If you're ready to learn something new in the kitchen, sign up today!
March 11, 2014
“Meatless Monday” is a trend throughout the meat-eating world because skipping meat one day a week is both good for your heart and the environment. Learn to cook with non-meat proteins and create some delicious meatless dishes for every day of the week. Recipes include: Quick Ratatouille with Wide Egg Noodles, Fried Rice with Mixed Vegetables and Tofu, Quinoa with Peppers, Onions and Monterrey Jack Cheese, Black Bean and Vegetable Soup, and Frittata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach.
In-Home Cooking Parties!
Gather your friends and host a party where everyone cooks! You’ll enjoy a 3-course meal and expert instruction, all in the comfort of your own kitchen. If your kitchen isn’t up to the task, we can arrange other cooking venues in Park City that offer fun and festive settings.
Special requests are welcome and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. We can provide embroidered aprons for your guests to keep, party favors such as boxes of cookies or handmade chocolates, gadget kits for each guest and more.
More detailed information is provided below. Please call or send an email to Chef Susan with questions and for pricing information. Host a party that really cooks with Chef Susan and foodell.com!
What you do before the party:
- Invite your guests and suggest they wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes
- Pay a non-refundable deposit of $100 to secure the date for your event. If you have to cancel, the deposit can be applied to another event.
- Work with Susan to create a custom menu for your event
- Confirm the number of people attending 3 days in advance
- Pay the remainder of the invoice within 48 hours of the event
- Clear off countertops as much as possible so guests have a little elbow room to cook
- Have a clean and empty dishwasher
- Place a trash can (or two) in a convenient location for all the cooks to use
- Expect Chef Susan to arrive at least 1 hour before the party starts
What you provide:
- Wine and other beverages, including coffee with dessert (if desired)
- Plates, tableware and napkins
What your guests should know:
- It is advisable to wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes
- We will be cooking for approximately 1 hour
- We’re counting on everyone to help
- Aprons will be available
What we provide:
- Appetizers to be enjoyed prior to cooking
- All ingredients – local, sustainable and organic when possible
- Menus for each guest
- Recipes to cook from
- Cooking equipment and tools
- Aprons for each guest to wear while they cook
- Expert instruction, advice and all-around kitchen help
- Clean-up of cooking equipment and dishes for the starter and main course
What to expect during the party:
- The party begins with mingling, beverages and appetizers
- Chef Susan will then describe the menu and do a short demonstration for some of the specific techniques required for the recipes
- Guests will split into small groups and everyone will work on one or more dishes
- Chef Susan will help each group plate and serve their dishes to the rest of the guests, or for a more casual dinner, we will set up a buffet-style meal
- After dessert is served, Chef Susan will depart, leaving counters and stovetop clean and the dishwasher loaded with tableware from the first two courses
- Lots of fun, lots of laughter and guaranteed great food!
I had to send you an email to tell you that you have seriously changed my cooking life! I have never been much of a cook. I have a busy career and have young children and was always scrambling at 5pm to make something quick or to get take out. It always tasted just OK but I wanted to eat healthier. Then I got turned onto your website and it is amazing! The meals taste great and are really easy to make. I really ENJOY cooking now and my husband is thrilled.